This ON-DEMAND workshop is hosted by Mission: Empowerment! ,
a seminar company based out of Ontario, Canada
Despite civilization’s advances, the human mean streak is not going away. Bullies come in all ages and exist in all settings, including schools, playgrounds, marriages, workplaces and online. Unfortunately, most attempts to change the behaviour of bullies are at best ineffective and, most often, counterproductive. This is because they do not address the underlying causes of what makes a bully in the first place.
In this workshop, led by best-selling author and developmental psychologist Dr. Gordon Neufeld, participants will learn about the “bully syndrome” and its deep instinctive roots in the dynamics of attachment and vulnerability. They will also learn why this behaviour is so immune to conventional means of intervention. The key to the bully’s unmaking is to first understand how bullies are made. Once we understand this, our attempts to unmake them can be truly effective and long-lasting.
The information from this workshop can be used to glean insight into particular bullies, to create plans for treatment or intervention, and/or to create prevention and intervention programs for schools and districts.
You will learn:
- The 12 traits of the bully syndrome traced to their roots
- The role of the limbic system (emotional brain) in bully making
- The nature of the dark union that begets the bully
- The attachment problems of bullies
- Common pitfalls in the treatment of bullies
- Why schools are becoming bully factories
- Why conventional discipline backfires with bullies
- Basic guidelines for addressing the bully problem that can be employed in a variety of venues and settings
- The most significant factors in keeping students safe
- Key target points for effective intervention
Who Should Attend?
Anyone who has an interest in understanding and effectively addressing bullying including (but not limited to) parents and other caregivers, teachers and school staff, helping professionals who work with children and helping professionals who work with parents.
You will receive:
- Access to the on-demand webinar for one year
- Downloadable handouts
- Certificate of attendance upon successful completion of a brief online quiz (if desired)
CEU’s and Certificates of Attendance
For those requiring a Certificate of Attendance, certificates will be issued upon successful completion of a post-training quiz with a minimum score of 75% (multiple attempts allowed). Certificates will indicate the number of direct education hours (3), not including breaks. Certificates may be used to qualify for eligibility for Continuing Education Credits from licensing boards and professional colleges; it is the participant’s responsibility to contact their college or association to confirm its requirements and the workshop’s eligibility for CEU’s / CE’s.
There are no refunds/credits for on-demand workshops as you have a full year to view the course. Refunds will not be issued in cases where a registrant did not receive the workshop login instruction email due to email issues. It is the registrant’s responsibility to contact us if they don’t receive the required login information in a timely manner (i.e. by end of day the next business day).