This ON-DEMAND workshop is hosted by Mission: Empowerment! ,
a seminar company based out of Ontario, Canada
The science of relationship currently exists in fragmented bits and pieces all over the empirical map: biology, sociology, embryology, ethology, epigenetics, neuroscience, psychology, medicine, psychology, and so on. The irony is that we have never known more about the relational context required for parenting, teaching and treatment, and yet this knowledge is failing to inform our everyday practice and policy. According to Dr. Gordon Neufeld, a leader in the field of developmental psychology, this failure of implementation may stem from the current lack of theoretical coherence as well as the esoteric language typical to these fields of inquiry. Neufeld’s unique contribution is to put the puzzle pieces together to create a coherent model of attachment, using language that is accessible to all.
Topics Covered Include:
- The foundational role of attachment in survival, caring, stress and human potential
- The ‘separation complex’ as an over-arching syndrome that can account for a myriad of problem behaviours
- The attachment roots of such problems as anxiety, attention problems, aggression, oppositionality and bullying
- How attachment becomes sexualized and what can go wrong
- How the quest for significance is a derivative of attachment
- How social media is a derivative of attachment
- How attachment becomes depersonalized into fixes and fixations
- Special challenges involved in dealing with resistance to attachment or where troubling syndromes exist
- Implications for implementation and practice, including three effective instruments of attachment that can be used in any setting or venue
Suitability / Who Should Attend?
These insights and resulting practices are applicable to every venue – home, school and treatment, as well as every age group – infancy through old age. As always, Dr. Neufeld focuses on how problems develop in childhood and adolescence as a way of creating a foundation for healing and treatment throughout the lifespan. Although the course is addressed primarily to helping professionals and educators, the material is very helpful to parents, as well as for self-understanding and healing.
You will receive:
- Access to the on-demand webinar for one year
- Downloadable handouts
- Certificate of attendance upon successful completion of a brief online quiz (if desired)
Certificates of Attendance / CEU’s / CE Information
For those requiring a Certificate of Attendance, certificates will be issued upon successful completion of a post-training quiz with a minimum score of 75% (multiple attempts allowed). Certificates will indicate the number of direct education hours (6), not including breaks. Certificates may be used to qualify for eligibility for Continuing Education Credits from licensing boards and professional colleges; it is the participant’s responsibility to contact their college or association to confirm its requirements and the workshop’s eligibility for CEU’s / CE’s. This workshop has been pre-approved for 6 continuing education hours by the CACCF.
There are no refunds/credits for on-demand workshops as you have a full year to view the course. Refunds will not be issued in cases where a registrant did not receive the workshop login instruction email due to email issues. It is the registrant’s responsibility to contact us if they don’t receive the required login information in a timely manner (i.e. by end of day the next business day).